Sunday 2 October 2011

Uploading work as I go, here is the mood boards for next Art lesson:

Character:



Went for sort of a, realistic look? Lots of people in suits and stuff. Sort of conveys a Victorian era but there isn't much flare in the characters. Depending on how far we go with the steampunk depends on what machinery and stuff we can implement into the designs, but for now I thought this was a good starting point. 

Environment



Went for a sort of, dark and unsettled theme. Keeping in mind we wanted an underground setting, I looked at plenty of train tunnels and tracks, which I thought gave a pretty cool style. Likewise the archways and tunnels underneath Manchester were really fun to look at, added a few images to this. I'm keen to check out the tour myself...


New Manchester Walks

Objects:



Last up was objects, sort of struggled with this after I looked at Wild Wild West and watched a part of the film, which was hilarious. Didn't really have much motivation or direction, only thing that sprang to mind was the stopwatch which I felt was a cool way to handle rotation in the game.

So for instance, when the player changes the time on the clock, it would change the rotation in the room. Like a makeshift device to hand it. 

Anyway, that's it.




No comments:

Post a Comment