Thursday 29 September 2011

Been working a little on the mood boards for Jo and thinking about the character related stuff. So far, we`re only really set on a "Doctor" character as the main antagonist, along with the setting of Victorian-age (1800s?) and Steampunk in nature. So with that, I did a few sketches and stuff, pretty generic stuff not really thrilled with it as a character design, but I think it goes well as a moody piece. (for my mood board, get it?)

Anyway, here was the first sketch I did: 




Was sort of roughly based on the doctor character, sketches on the desk were meant to be early designs which would later become his labyrinth maze thing. I think the point of this character was meant to be he is at his wits end with his research, mentally and physically exhausted. I wanted this to be a little obvious in the character although I didn't think I did a very good job of it, ha.

Will be redrawing this guy and thinking outside the box a little, hopefully next time you will get a little more of a vibe from him rather than generic man in suit.

Regardless of that however, I wanted to play around with it in Photoshop and it eventually turned into this chap:


There is a chair, its just the same colour as the background...

Keeping in mind everything I didn't like about the initial sketch (generic-ness) I wanted to stop the idea from being a generic man in a suit. So, to combat this problem, I added a bow-tie and he became a well dressed generic man in a tuxedo. Which I think says alot more about the character....

No, whilst his attire I don't think was very Doctor / Super Villain / Mad Scientist, I did think his pose and expression did what I wanted it to, although Ill let you be the judge. Regardless, this was work slightly related to Futureworks so I feel its bloggable.

Oh and before any smug git points it out, yes, I have noticed this:

Sad Keanu would look better in a tuxedo.

FML.




1 comment: