Friday 14 October 2011

Actually made me a little depressed drawing this next one, which I will explain first since its a little macabre...

I really liked the twist idea spoke about in class, (Adam told me about it, not sure where it came from) in that the Wife of the Doctor has been dead for years, as I assume you would be being injected with mass quantities of artificial adrenaline; either that or wanting to run all the time. 

Or snort nasal spray...


 Anyway, with this twist in mind and my own thoughts on perhaps leaning this game more toward a horror / steampunk genre, (horror in the sense of the atmosphere, setting and story rather than ghosts and shit) I wanted to draw in an image of the deceased wife as a "mood concept" for the game. Which I know exist. 

That was way to hard though and this was the best I could muster:


I don't really like it.

I didn't think the "Tim Burton" esque style I wanted really came across much and it left it looking just a little, strange. Which is why I am hesitant to even blog it.

Not to mention the pretty shoddy work on the drawing; it was a sketch to begin with, I could just never get it pasted that stage.

Well anyway, the point of this was to hint a little but at the story and overall MOOD of the game. The mood I have in my head is a very dark and depressing one (what with the narrative being as such) so for that reason I'm thinking horror is a possible destination we could reach. Without really changing or adding anything at all...

To summarize, my thoughts on the art direction is to lean the game towards a horror / Tim Burton style with over exaggerated characters and environments.

I will continue to do this until I am either agreed with or instructed otherwise. Probably on Mondays Art lesson.

That's all for now, but here is some rainbows and bunnies to cheer myself up.



Better.






No comments:

Post a Comment