Monday 11 June 2012


Happy to get the paper level design stuff stacked so I can focus a little more on the art.

Having trouble getting myself motivated with this; a little stuck creatively for ideas.

That being said, seeing how well Harry is getting on I've tried to muck around a little tonight.

First up, I made a new platform:


Nothing really amazing, I was just trying to get a more concrete feel which looks more akin to the Medical zone.


Not thrilled with it, but it pays off to have variants of platforms so Ill keep it and make a few more later. 



I'm getting really lazy with the texturing; opting to do the majority of the work in Photoshop since half the effort I WOULD have put into 3D is wasted in the 2D game. Shame.



Anyway, with the platform made I mocked up this little idea I had:


Rushed it towards the end and left off some parts I wanted to add like cogs and a candle; I also nicked the steam gauge straight off Google.

Lazy lazy.

This was only a concept but I sort of liked the idea of it, would look funky as décor in levels.

Made a few different ones with various different X-ray scans:





I also made a cracked screen one although again, that was just with a stolen texture. Made this quickly because I wanted it to be a concept but unless anyone has any objects, Ill probably just leave it as is.

Maybe make my own broken glass though, not sure.


Thats all for now, I should probably do a wrap up of the Design work but it wouldn't be much of a post.

Hopefully much more art to come in a few days.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Some models I've just ended up texturing the front side of. Zero difference as to when I paint it in Photoshop, and then drag it onto a model and have to wait for the render. Pointless.
    How are you texturing the rest of the models, like stone and rust etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been doing half and half. I apply a texture in 3ds max using unwrap and fuck about with it so it looks ok, the all of the detail work I do in photoshop since like you said; it's 2D.

      I'll upload the originals if you like to show you the diff when I get home from work.

      As for the rust etc, that tends to be an amalgamation of various textures etc I've cut out and filtered down. I'd prefer to try an hand paint but I just don't have the time or skill :D

      Delete