Sunday 11 December 2011


SO, Im finally done with Adams crazy level design. I had to make a few changes. Some strucural and some gameplay wise (since I actually "played" this level by moving my image of a man through it and rotating it as I went.) This is the final product.


Still very close to Adams, just with a few adjustments I felt were needed, hope he doesnt mind.

Ive also made a storyboard version, which hopefully with words will come together to make sense.

All the images in order are here if you want a bash at deciphering it (be warned, its huge):



The key is basic, black areas are structurally sound and you can walk on them.


Green areas are ropes and accompanies with a green semi circle defines their swing axis (if at all, some are fixed beams).

Red is traps and dangers, like the spikes, rotating disks, fire and steam shooters etc.

And Grey is just to make things look pretty, background / foreground images, not interactive.

The goal of the level is simple, to reach the end, however it comes with a nice side passage to pick up one of the collectibles (notes and stuff) down in the bottom left corner. The storyboard route takes you to the secret note location and with words, should hopefully make some sense.


Thanks Adam for the level design, yours was certainly the most complex and took me a good while to get the feel of it from this:



Like an evil genius scrawling his death-ray blueprints on the back of a napkin.

All in all though, I actually really like the level. it wasn't until I saw it built in my head though before it became a level, but, its actually pretty cool and most importantly, I think it will work.

So, good job Adam.

And good job Jonny, obviously.

Also, if anyone is interested in my rough animation, to give me an idea of what would work in the level ,its here still:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/345/6/3/adamception_by_jonii_gakou-d4itrl5.swf

Hard to follow but did its job. 

Sweet Success.









No comments:

Post a Comment