Tuesday 29 November 2011

Made this short clip, which hopefully illustrates how I see the rotation of the levels working. Take it as a concept.


Still image below:


Each level will be a contained cell, the player will have to enter at the start point and finish it by reaching the exit. In the example given I just used doors, one to enter and one to exit. Simple enough, the rotation must be used to enter the final door, when the world is rotated 180 degrees, the door becomes accessible. (When down is up and up is down)

Now, I was totally lost with the level design, without any guidance here I'm going to struggle.

If anyone has level designs, you need to be getting them to me right now, as with the "concepts" out of the way, its about to to start on the level walkthroughs which need to be drawn versions of the final level designs. (for the first section at-least, including the HUB world.)

Other than that, let me know what you think.

I wasn't thinking to much into the style since this was just a concept testing and showing how the rotation could work, interiors will be settled on when I get some level designs.

That's all for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Wouldnt that room turn the opposite way on the video? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, because of the gears?

    Be quiet Ben.

    ReplyDelete