Friday 28 October 2011

Intro?

Started to plot out the entire map as decided during last lesson. (Me, Harry and Sam doing the Level aspects for the GDD) Wanted to begin just by working out how each section would intertwine, this became difficult without a solid foundation for the initial mine section, so I just threw something together.


Let me know what you think, its not really action orientated since its just meant to be an opening sequence to the game but, my idea, was to have the transition from daylight to utter darkness be quite striking, eventually leaving the player in utter darkness with just the light from the Dr`s Labyrinth at the end.

I thought that descent into darkness was a subtle way to inject the tone into our game, although it doesn't come across that well in this storyboard.

What I was thinking though.



The whole level working as a giant image is below, although its only a Concept.

Going to stick with this rough SHAPE for the mine whilst I plot out the rest of the levels and where they exists within the worlds space; Ill be uploading a rough map of this soon before I take it into Illustrator and plot it out exactly once people have OKed it.



Roughly estimate about a minute, possibly more, to play through this opening section. Which I think would be a cool time to run the opening credits.

Sort of along the same vein as Splinter Cell, the blackness of the cave walls, as the player passes, could have the names of us as we contributed. So like, Designers, Artists, Programmers, etc.

Although how that exactly would look remains to be seen, I just really want to play Splinter Cell.



Also noticed Controls on  Khal`s Blog.

I've had my own thoughts on that which I think are enough to post since its different, so Ill make a post about that later.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment